Wine and CheeseFebruary 21, 2017
Venice City WalkFebruary 21, 2017
A winning combination:
wine tasting in the heart of the city
Taste excellent regional wines while exploring the city, all with your private sommelier guide. Learn the basics of wine tasting and food pairing. Available daily in Padova in a small-group format (max. 8 people). Available on request for private groups in Venice.
Some of our favorite wines of the Veneto and surrounding regions that we like to include. The actual selection for each tour may vary.
- Prosecco Superiore Valdobbiadene e Conegliano DOCG
- Soave Classico DOC/DOCG
- Valpolicella Ripasso or Superiore DOC
- Refosco del Peduncolo Rosso DOC
- 2 hr. guided tasting tour
- Tastings of four wines at two different wine bars in the historical center of town
- Typical finger food paired with each wine
- Your guide is a local expert in wine and cheese (certified Italian sommelier or Master’s degree in Italian Food and Wine)
Meet your guide in Piazza delle Erbe in Padova (precise meeting point information will be provided)
Enjoy a unique introduction to the highlights of the city as you visit two of our favorite wine bars.
Wrap up your wine tasting tour. Your guide can suggest authentic places for a memorable meal during your stay and shops for gourmet gifts.
“Wonderful tour, wonderful guide!”
We had the pleasure of taking a tour with Mario to Verona, lunch and a winery visit. I cannot say enough about how wonderful our day was. I would highly recommend contacting Mario for his tours. He is extremely knowledgeable in the area of wine and is a very nice man. The day was one of the best I can remember…