Taste of FriuliFebruary 17, 2017
Wine and CheeseFebruary 21, 2017
A full day in the Soave countryside,
ideal for lovers of white wine.
from euro 190/person
Soave is located between Verona and Venice, where the soil is mainly of a volcanic origin. The Soave wine is one of the most famous white wines in Italy and is produced in the largest single wine district in Europe. This is an ancient wine that represents the history of a territory and the dedication of its winemakers. On this excursion, the wines you will taste include two of the DOCG wines from the Veneto region: Soave Superiore and Recioto di Soave.
- Private day trip to the Soave wine country near Verona
- Pick-up and drop-off service from Venice Tronchetto, Padova or Verona
- Round-trip transportation by comfortable passenger van or car
- English-speaking sommelier as your wine guide for the day
- Scenic drive through the hilly countryside
- 2 boutique winery visits, from vineyard to cellar, where you will meet the winemakers
- 2 guided wine tastings of the white and red wines produced here
- A traditional lunch at a typical trattoria
- Maximum flexibility in meeting any special requests before and during your tour
Pick-up from your location
Arrive at the first winery near the small town of Soave itself. Meet the winemaker and learn about the wine making process. A full guided wine tasting of all of the wines they produce.
Traditional lunch at a typical trattoria
A scenic drive through the gentle hills to the second winery. Learn about the local grape varietals used to produce outstanding white and red wines directly from the winemaker. A full guided wine tasting of their production.
Leave the Soave for your return journey. Drop-off at your location.
“Mondo Wine Tour”
Four of us just finished five days of wine tasting and local dining in Soave, Valpolicella, Prosecco, and Friuli. Mario and Rachel did a great job setting us up at small producers and a few others I specifically requested. This was a wonderful, carefree experience. Worth every penny.