Cooking Lesson in the CountryFebruary 21, 2017
Spritz walk PadovaJanuary 26, 2018
A hands-on pasta workshop in an elegant historic palazzo
from euro 130/person
Your private program starts with a walk through the colorful outdoor food market before your cooking class set in a historic palazzo dating back to the 17th century.
Begin your morning with your local food and wine expert as you stroll through the vibrant market stands of the impressive Piazza delle Erbe. Learn about the fresh, seasonal produce that is fundamental to the local cuisine.
Next you will walk down the cobblestone streets of the medieval Jewish Ghetto to the palazzo where your cooking class takes place. Your lesson is led by our engaging local chef, who will teach you to prepare two types of fresh homemade pasta such as tagliatelle and ravioli with their accompanying sauces. The recipes will have a focus on what’s in season at the moment. At the end of the lesson you will sit down to lunch all together to taste what you have prepared. Your meal will include an appetizer, a pasta course, dessert, quality local wine, and Italian coffee. A fun and informative culinary experience for all skill levels.
- Special programs available for families with children of all ages
- Special menus available including vegetarian, vegan, and low-carb options
- We are happy to accommodate any special requests you may have
- Private 1/2 day culinary experience
- Market walk in Piazza delle Erbe
- Cooking lesson with lunch
- Recipe booklet in English
- Insider tips on local restaurants and gourmet shopping
- Help with train travel on Trenitalia from Venice to Padova
What’s not Included:
- Transportation to meeting point in Padova (30 min. by direct train from Venice)
Meet your expert food and wine guide at the Padova Market in Piazza delle Erbe.
Begin the cooking lesson with your local chef, followed by lunch all together.
Wrap up your culinary experience with a moka coffee and typical digestivo.
Entrance time for your reserved tickets at the Scrovegni Chapel.
* If you prefer some free time on your own after lunch before visiting the Scrovegni Chapel, we are happy to make reservations for your preferred time. Please note, however, that your tickets are for a specific entrance time and once purchased cannot be modified.