Private Wine GuideMarch 18, 2017
Veneto Winery TourJanuary 26, 2018
Escape from busy Venice and relax in the Veneto countryside with a visit to a medieval castle and Prosecco winery.
from euro 165/person
(Ask us about special rates for this tour on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays!)
A fun day for the whole family in Prosecco wine country. Visit an authentic castle set in a historically strategic position in the Veneto countryside. Learn about the history of the area as you visit the exteriors and interiors of the castle with your private guide. Take a break for a delicious lunch at a typical trattoria of the area where you will taste the traditional specialties. Lunch will include an antipasto, fresh pasta and homemade dessert. After lunch you will stop in a local winery that has been producing Prosecco for generations. Take a stroll through the vineyards, visit the cantina and enjoy a wine tasting led by your guide who is an accredited Italian sommelier. You will taste at least four different types of Prosecco. Learn how Prosecco is made and about its important role in the Veneto.
- Private day trip to the Prosecco wine country near Valdobbiadene
- Pick-up and drop-off service from Venice Tronchetto or Padova
- Guided visit of a local castle
- Winery visit from vineyard to cellar and wine tasting with your expert wine guide including a guided wine tasting of the many versions of Prosecco
- Round-trip transportation by comfortable passenger van or car
- A traditional lunch at a typical trattoria or agriturismo
- Scenic drive through the Veneto countryside
- Maximum flexibility in meeting any special requests before and during your tour
Pick-up from your location.
Visit a local castle which dates back to medieval times with your engaging English-speaking guide and enjoy stunning views of the surrounding area.
Traditional lunch at a typical trattoria.
A scenic drive through the Prosecco hills to a small family-run winery. Learn about the “Charmat” method used to produce Prosecco directly from the winemaker. A full guided wine tasting of their production.
Leave the Prosecco countryside for your return journey. Drop-off at your location.
“Prosecco, Cheese & Castle Tour”
Mario was outstanding! This was an excellent private tour of the Italian countryside. We visited an incredible cheesemaker, Malga Barbaria, and experienced 1st hand what their life is like. Plus the views from their mountaintop cheese shop were spectacular. What really made this day special was the amazing knowledge of our guide, Mario…