PackagesWine Geek Week: The best of the Veneto and Friuli 7 days/6 nightsFebruary 21, 2017
PackagesVerona & Valpolicella Weekend:2 days/1 nightJanuary 10, 2018
A weekend in the heart
of the Prosecco Hills
from euro 300/person
The lush green hills of the Prosecco wine-producing region are the backdrop to this fun and engaging weekend tour. Learn about Prosecco, the traditional sparkling white wine of the Veneto, from the vineyards to the cellar. Visit a small family-run producer and meet the winemaker. Enjoy sweeping views of the area from a nearby castle.
- Small group format of a maximum of 8 fellow wine and food enthusiasts
- Accomodations at a charming B&B or boutique hotel near Cison di Valamarano
- Guided walking tour of a local castle and stop at a nearby abbey
- Prosecco winery visit complete with a guided wine tasting by your Italian sommelier guide
- Memorable meals with great wine and food (all meals during the tour are included)
- English-speaking wine and food expert as your guide throughout the tour
- Maximum flexibility in meeting any special requests before and during your tour
- Overnight accommodation at a charming B&B or boutique hotel in a double room with private bathroom, including breakfast
- All transportation of the itinerary by comfortable van or minvan
- Airport transfers to/from Venice Marco Polo Airport, Treviso Canova Airport or Venice Tronchetto
- English speaking support at all times by Venice Day Trips, local guides and hotel staff
- All entrance fees and guided visits
- Food and wine visits and tastings
- Guided tour of local castle, a stop at a nearby abbey
- All meals with wine, water and coffee (dinner on day 1, breakfast and lunch on day 2)
- Personal wine and food guide
What’s Not Included
- Supplement for accommodations in a single room
- Transfers from airports or cities other than those mentioned
Detailed Day-by-Day Program
Pick up from Venice Marco Polo, Treviso Canova Airport or Venice Tronchetto, transfer to your accomodations located in the lush green hills of the Prosecco area. Check-in to your accommodations. This afternoon we will visit the XI century castle Castel Brando and the XII century Follina Abbey. Tasting dinner with local wine.
Breakfast check-out of our accommodations. This morning we will visit a Prosecco winery for a stroll in the vineyards and visit, where we will learn about the local production methods and many versions of Prosecco. Our visit will conclude with a a guided wine tasting. Afterwards we continue for our light lunch at a typical local agriturismo. Transfer to the Venice Marco Polo Airport, Treviso Canova Airport or Venice Tronchetto.
“Wonderful escape for a day”
Begrudgingly accommodated my wife and her love of Prosecco and booked this tour. Honestly, I never really liked Prosecco. I AM CONVERTED!!! Mario picked us up in Venice and drove us to two wineries and a trattoria for lunch for a full day of information, drinks, and food. We could not have asked for more. We were so pleased with this tour. The wine was so exquisite we came home to the US with multiple bottles.
Prosecco Weekend 2 days/1 night