Gourmet Veneto:5 days/4 nightsFebruary 21, 2017
wine and food mini-break
in the Prosecco countryside
from euro 850/person
The lush green hills of the Prosecco winegrowing region are the backdrop to this fun and engaging tour. Learn about Prosecco, the traditional sparkling white wine of the Veneto, from the vineyards to the cellar. Visit an artisanal cheese producer. Enjoy sweeping views of the area from a nearby castle.
- Small group format of a maximum of 8 fellow wine and food enthusiasts
- Accomodations at a charming B&B or boutique hotel near Cison di Valmarano
- Guided walking tours of a local castle and stop at a nearby abbey
- A visit to an artisanal cheese producer followed by a cheese tasting
- 2 Prosecco winery visits complete with 2 wine tastings
- Memorable meals with great wine and food (all meals during the tour are included)
- English-speaking wine and food expert as your guide throughout the tour
- Maximum flexibility in meeting any special requests before and during your tour
- 2 nights’ accommodation at a charming B&B or boutique hotel in a double room with private bathroom, including breakfast
- All transportation of the itinerary by comfortable van or minvan
- Airport transfers to/from Venice Marco Polo Airport, Treviso Canova Airport or Venice Tronchetto
- English speaking support at all times by Venice Day Trips, local guides and hotel staff
- All entrance fees and guided visits
- Food and wine visits and tastings
- Guided tour of local castle, a stop at a nearby abbey
- All meals with wine, water and coffee from lunch on arrival day to lunch on departure day
- Personal wine and food guide
What’s Not Included
- Supplement for accommodations in a single room
- Transfers from airports or cities other than Venice
Detailed Day-by-Day Program
Pick up from Venice Marco Polo Airport, Treviso Canova Airport or Venice Tronchetto, transfer to your accomodations located in the lush green hills of the Prosecco area. Check-in and welcome lunch at your accommodations. This afternoon we will visit the XI century castle Castel Brando and the XII century Follina Abbey. Tasting dinner with local wine.
Breakfast at 8:30 am. We leave for the malga (small cheese producer), where will see how local cheese is made and taste the various types. A drive through the scenic countryside to a typical Agriturismo for a light lunch. This afternoon we will visit a local Prosecco winery where we will learn about the production methods, followed by a guided wine tasting. After a full day we return to our accomodations to relax before dinner this evening.
Breakfast at 9:00 am. Check-out of our accommodations. This morning we will visit a second Prosecco winery for a guided wine tasting. Afterwards we continue for our light lunch at a typical local agriturismo. Transfer to the Venice Marco Polo Airport, Treviso Canova Airport or Venice Tronchetto.
Connecting you with real places, real people, authentic experiences
Prosecco Mini-Break 3 days/2 nights