Gourmet Tours and ActivitiesAprons & Art in PadovaJanuary 8, 2018
Gourmet Tours and ActivitiesKids in the KitchenJanuary 8, 2018
A cooking lesson
designed with your sweet tooth in mind
from euro 140/person
Dive into the world of Italian desserts! Learn how to make classic Italian gelato as well as three traditional desserts such as tiramisu, cake with amaretti and fresh ricotta and a crostata with seasonal fruit.
Discover the secrets and techniques of the sweet side of Italian cuisine with a local chef. This specialized class is for small groups of a maximum of 8 people to allow for an interactive, hands-on format.
At the end of the morning part of the course you will sit down to lunch all together to enjoy a typical Italian lunch, followed by a taste of all the desserts you have prepared together. Your lunch will be paired with quality Italian wines.
After lunch you will see how Italian gelato is made, and learn about the important differences between artisanal and industrially produced ice cream. Relax with a taste of your gelato and an authentic Italian espresso before heading back to Venice.
Suitable for all skill levels.
In the heart of the Veneto countryside, an easy drive from Venice
- Learn how to prepare Italian gelato and a selection of three classic desserts under the guidance of an engaging local chef
- Enjoy a rustic country lunch including an appetizer, fresh pasta or risotto, and a taste of the desserts you have prepared together.
- Taste local quality wines paired with your meal
- Enjoy the gelato you have prepared all together, accompanied by an Italian espresso
- Take home a detailed recipe booklet of the dishes you have prepared
- Round trip transportation from Venice Tronchetto by comfortable passenger van or minivan
- Private English-speaking chef, lunch and accompanying wines.
- Dessert and Gelato hands-on workshop
- Lunch with Italian Wine
- Recipe booklet in English
Depart from Venice Tronchetto.
Begin the gelato and dessert workshop with your local chef, followed by lunch all together.
Wrap up your culinary experience with an Italian espresso and the gelato that you have made.
Return to Venice.
“Cooking Class in Venice”
Our family had a wonderful cooking lesson in Venice. We started the day with a walk through the fun market at Rialto where we learned about what was in season. Our teenage daughters really enjoyed the traghetto ride across the Grand Canal after the market. The class itself was informative and interesting for all of us. This was an ideal intro into local food and wine and we would certainly book this again the next time we are in Venice.
Gelato and Dessert Workshop