Market Walk in PadovaFebruary 21, 2017
Gelato and Pizza WorkshopJanuary 8, 2018
A culinary experience with market stroll, cooking class and lunch
Discover an authentic Padova through its culinary traditions. This unique program combines a walk through the food markets, a hands-on cooking class set in a historic palazzo dating back to the 17th century, and lunch to taste what you have created in the kitchen. This is an ideal day trip by train from Venice.
Begin your day with your local food and wine expert as you stroll through the colorful market stands of the impressive Piazza delle Erbe. Learn about the fresh, seasonal produce that is fundamental to the local cuisine.
Next you will walk down the cobblestone streets of the medieval Jewish Ghetto to the palazzo where your cooking class takes place. Your interactive lesson, led by an engaging local chef, will have you prepare typical specialties such as homemade fresh pasta or risotto as part of a complete Italian meal. At the end of the lesson you will sit down to lunch all together to taste what you have prepared. Your meal will include several quality local wines, which will be presented as an introduction to the world of Italian wines. A fun and informative culinary experience for all skill levels.
- Visit the local outdoor market and learn about the fruits and vegetables of the season
- Learn how to prepare an Italian meal with an engaging local chef
- Taste quality local wines paired with your meal
- Take home a detailed recipe booklet of the dishes you have prepared
- Private English-speaking host/chef, lunch and accompanying wines
- Market walk in Piazza delle Erbe
- Cooking Lesson
- Lunch with Italian Wine
- Recipe booklet in English
- Detailed information on travelling by train from Venice to Padova
What’s not Included:
- Transportation to meeting point in Padova (30 min. by direct train from Venice)
Meet your expert food and wine guide at the Padova Market in Piazza delle Erbe.
Begin the cooking lesson with your local chef, followed by lunch all together.
Wrap up your culinary experience with a moka coffee and typical digestivo.
“Amazing cooking lesson in Padua – Exceeded my expections!”
I booked this Market Walk and Cooking Lesson in Padua with Venice Day Trips for our family of 3 (me, my husband and 22 yr. old daughter). I didn’t know exactly what to expect, but we were all really pleased with the day. We met up with our guide Rachel in the main piazza and she took us through the outdoor fruit & veg market to point out what was in season…
Hands-on Cooking Class in Padova