Padova Spritz TourJanuary 8, 2018
Padova Jewish Heritage WalkJanuary 9, 2018
320,00€ – 880,00€
STREET FOOD &
GOURMET TOURS AND ACTIVITIES
Calling all foodies and art lovers!
from euro 110/person
Discover charming Padova through its culinary and artistic masterpieces. This fun and engaging program includes the best of our street food and open-air markets as well as reserved entrance tickets to the Scrovegni Chapel, home to the important fresco cycle by Giotto. This is an ideal day trip by train from Venice.
Meet your expert food and wine guide in Piazza delle Erbe to begin your foodie experience. We will eat our way through the main squares enjoying many delicious food and wine tastings. The tastings will vary depending on the season, but typically include local cheeses, prosciutto, seasonal produce, bakery specialties, gelato, coffee and a glass of wine. Learn about the history and production methods of these artisanal products. This tour is for serious foodies and easily replaces lunch!
Your day also includes reserved tickets to the Scrovegni Chapel. This series of 14th century frescoes by Tuscan artist Giotto are second in importance only to the Sistine Chapel, according to some critics. Giotto was extremely innovative for his time, and his masterful depiction of emotion, color and humanity are as impressive today as they were at their completion, over 700 years ago.
- Visit the open-air and covered food markets in Padova with your private English-speaking expert in food and wine
- Learn about the history of local specialty food products and their role in the cuisine
- Taste a quality local wine as an aperitivo to wrap up the guided portion of your day
- Visit the Scrovegni Chapel to see the stunning frescoes by Giotto
- Personable English-speaking guide, an expert on the local cuisine and wines
- Tastings of 8 local specialties including wine, cheese, meat, gelato, fresh bakery products and coffee
- Insider tips on where to purchase food and wine to bring home
- Reserved tickets to the Scrovegni Chapel
- Detailed information on travelling by train from Venice to Padova
For groups of more than 8 people, send us a custom request.
- 10:30 am
Meet your expert food and wine guide in Padova in Piazza delle Erbe
Begin your tour with an authentic Italian espresso or cappuccino. Then move into the open-air market and covered specialty food shops.
- 12:30 pm
Wrap up your culinary experience with a sparkling glass of Prosecco
- 2:30 pm*
Entrance time for your reserved tickets at the Scrovegni Chapel.
* If you prefer some free time on your own after the guided portion of the day before visiting the Scrovegni Chapel, we are happy to make reservations for your preferred time. Please note, however, that your tickets are for a specific entrance time and once purchased cannot be modified.