Begin your day with your local food and wine expert as you stroll through the colorful market stands of the impressive Piazza delle Erbe. Learn about the fresh, seasonal produce that is fundamental to the local cuisine.
Next you will walk down the cobblestone streets of the medieval Jewish Ghetto to the palazzo where your cooking class takes place. Your interactive lesson, led by an engaging local chef, will have you prepare typical specialties such as homemade fresh pasta or risotto as part of a complete Italian meal. At the end of the lesson you will sit down to lunch all together to taste what you have prepared. Your meal will include several quality local wines, which will be presented as an introduction to the world of Italian wines. A fun and informative culinary experience for all skill levels.
Your day includes reserved tickets to the Scrovegni Chapel. This series of 14th century frescoes by Tuscan artist Giotto are second in importance only to the Sistine Chapel, according to some critics. Giotto was extremely innovative for his time, and his masterful depiction of emotion, color and humanity are as impressive today as they were at their completion, over 700 years ago.
- Visit the local outdoor market and learn about the fruits and vegetables of the season
- Learn how to prepare an Italian meal with an engaging local chef
- Taste quality local wines paired with your meal
- Take home a detailed recipe booklet of the dishes you have prepared
- Visit the Scrovegni Chapel to see the stunning frescoes by Giotto