Vineyards & CastlesJanuary 7, 2018
Amarone & Soave ExperienceJanuary 26, 2018
A wine excursion into the lush Venice countryside
from euro 165/person
Spend a relaxing day in the wine producing area of the Euganean Hills, set in the countryside close to Venice. These lush green hills have been famous for their wine since the ancient Roman Empire, and this area was also known as the private vineyard of the Venetian Republic.
Today this area produces an outstanding variety of quality wines (13 of which carry the D.O.C. label), including reds like Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Carménère and Marzemino. Local white wine production includes Pinot Bianco, Moscato, Fior d’Arancio and the sparkling Serprino.
- Private day trip to the Euganean Hills wine country near Venice
- Pick-up and drop-off service from Venice Tronchetto, Padova or Verona
- Two winery visits from vineyard to cellar where you will meet the winemaker and learn about local varietals and production methods
- Two guided wine tastings with your expert wine guide including the local white, red and sparkling wines
- Round-trip transportation by comfortable passenger van or car
- A traditional lunch at a typical trattoria or agriturismo
- Scenic drive through the Veneto countryside
- Maximum flexibility in meeting any special requests before and during your tour
Pick-up from your location.
Arrive at the first winery in the Euganean Hills.
Meet the winemaker and learn about the local grape varieties and growing methods, followed by a guided wine tasting of their production.
Traditional lunch at a typical trattoria.
A scenic drive through gentle hills of the local countryside to the second winery.
Walk through the vineyards with the winemaker and visit the cellar to see the production methods. Followed by a guided wine tasting of their production.
Leave the Venice countryside for your return journey. Drop-off at your location.
“Absolutely wonderful excursion”
My husband and I loved this excursion so much. I can’t say enough positive things about this company, Mario and Rachel. Rachel answered all my questions promptly, and worked with me on creating an itinerary since we were scheduled to be on a cruise Sunday evening leaving Venice…